Excel Testing is throwing a conference this fall and you should be joining us!
by Kerri Dutton • Sept 12, 2022
Hello my friends,
I have some very exciting news! As you may have heard, Excel Testing is holding a conference just for Nurses who train, develop, support, or test nursing assistants. It’s being held November 4-6 in beautiful New Hampshire in downtown Manchester at the LNA Health Careers main campus, 70 Market Street, a beautiful venue right in the heart of downtown Manchester. November 4 is optional; training sessions are November 5 & 6.
- 20% off discount for companies/facilities who wish to send multiple employees.
- Contact Kerri at Excel Testing for more info about discounts.
This event is open to anyone who performs, manages, or teaches nursing assistants. We welcome nurses, RNs, LPNs, Program Coordinators, Nurse Aide trainers, testers, Staff development, Staff educators, teachers at CTE, supervisors… anyone involved in nursing assistant training should consider attending this conference. It does not matter how experienced you are, there will be basic-to-advanced topics, and plenty of info for everyone no matter their experience or skill level. This two-day event will cover many topics, including:
- How to maintain a quality skills lab.
- How to keep students interested and excited to learn.
- Strategies to identify the student having difficulty in lab or the classroom.
- A review of the current Northeast nurse aide testing competencies.
- How to run a meaningful mock state test and identify problem areas.
- Nursing Assistant-related lawsuits (including real-life cases) and how to prevent them from happening to your students.
- And so much more!
I am also excited to let you know that we have many nursing assistant educators attending, so we have planned to have at least 1 special breakout session where we will be sharing:
- Resources and strategies for teaching.
- Expectations and trends of the nurse aide workforce.
- Tips for helping students get hired and be a great representative of their training (including soft skills and resume building).
- Nurse aide-themed activities and games to play with students that will keep class lively and increase student information absorption.
We also plan to have a round-table session just for educators where they can address individual topics and hear great info and solutions from others in similar positions. Attendees will receive CEU credit for attending sessions. There will be awesome raffle prizes, and each attendee will receive a T-shirt and tote bag with nurse aide-themed goodies designed especially for this event. This event is also catered and will include breakfast and lunch for attendees both days. Optional dinner and networking on November 4 & 5.