Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Charity Kabari
    Participant

One of the five writing styles is narrative writing which tells you a story. The next one being analytical writing where it focuses on interpreting and examining a subject and breaking it down to smaller components to analyze it critically. The third writing style is expository writing where the writer informs you through research and statistics to support their thesis. Persuasive is the style of writing where you are persuading the reader to adopt a point of view. Lastly argumentative writing is like persuasive writing but includes the opposing view points and adds rebuttals to their argument. My strongest style of writing is argumentative writing because I’m open minded in hearing the opposing sides and have the ability to embrace it in my writing and still find a way to oppose strongly with logic and reasoning and a sprinkle of anecdotical evidence and experience if necessary. I do well in this style of writing especially when I get to choose my own topic and I’m passionate about it.

Angela Burke
    Participant

Charity, that is great that you are able to keep an open mind. I find this is very hard for a lot of people when they feel strongly about a topic. They just want you to agree with them. LOL

Mikayla Anglade
    Participant

I also agree that it’s great you’re able to keep and open mind! As someone else who’s favorite form of writing is argumentative I think it’s important to keep an open mind in listening to the opposing side.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top