Writing Styles

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rachel Vargo
    Participant

I have used all five writing styles throughout my years as a student, but I definitely use certain styles more than others. Analytical writing is probably my least used style, as I practiced it more in middle school but not as much as I progressed through school. I have done some expository writing in the past but much rather enjoy reading this style. I love learning new things and I prefer being able to form my own viewpoint on a topic, rather than reading about someone else’s.
    I have done very little fictional narrative writing, mostly because I never write for fun. Persuasive writing is enjoyable to me, but I sometimes overthink my word choices when trying to be persuasive.
    I have done the most argumentative writing by far and would also consider myself that type of writer. I enjoy having a strong viewpoint and backing it up with quality evidence, as opposed to relying on persuasion. I am excited that we will be writing about topics on nursing this semester, since I have never done so in the past and know writing about something I am interested in will be more enjoyable!

Demetri Burnett
    Participant

Very nice, you are gifted. I think I’m more of an argumentative writer on top of expository myself. When I write, I like to have facts and main points to discuss.

Taylor Ouellette
    Participant

I’m surprised to learn that you don’t choose an analytical style often, since you write so fluidly. You have a strong writing style and you seem to put your thoughts on paper with ease!

Beverly Cogburn

Rachel,
    You have a strong voice and it sounds like you know your strengths!
    Beverly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.