Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Below are a brief discussions on the five common types of writing styles:

1)Analytical writing: It involves reviewing what you have read considering other evidence. Analytical writing shows the thought processes you went through to arrive at a given conclusion and discusses the implication of the story. Analytical writing usually follows a brief description and focuses on answering questions like, What did you do? How do you weigh pros and cons before making a decision? What metrics do you track on a regular basic? etc. Some examples are conversion rates, number of new customers, expenses? what information do you research and how do you use it?

2)Expository writing: this type of writing the writer exposes facts. In other words, the writer explains and educates its readers rather than entertaining or attempting to persuade them. An expository writer can’t assume that potential readers have prior knowledge or understanding about the information that they present. They are five common types of expository writing, and they are:
     Descriptive essay
     Process essay
     Comparison essay
     Cause/effect essay
     Problem/solution essay

3)Narrative writing: this is where the writer tells a story that includes actual events told in chronological order or it might include imagined events told in a timeline that the author creates. Narrative writing can sustain the reader’s attention and help them visualize a realistic experience from the words. Some examples of Narrative writing are fairy tales, essays, news stories, autobiographies and so on.
    They are five types of narrative writing, and they are:
     Descriptive
     Viewpoint
     Historical
     Linear
     Nonlinear
    Narrative writing consists of five elements, and they are:
     Setting
     Plot
     Characters
     Point of View
     Conflict

4) Argumentative writing: this aligns with a stance but doesn’t intend to persuade the audience to make an emotional decision. In this writing is all about collecting and presenting evidence, allowing the reader to make an informed decision regarding the topic. Its purpose is to persuade the readers to agree with the argument being made, a good argumentative essay will use facts and evidence to support the argument rather than just the author’s thoughts and opinions.
    They are 3 major parts of an argumentative essay, and they are:
     The introduction
     The body
     The conclusion

5)Persuasive writing: In this writing, the author tries to convince the readers of their point of view. Persuasive writing tries to appeal to emotion a long side factual evidence and data to support its claims. Persuasive essays are most closely related to argumentative essays, in that both discuss a serious issue with logical arguments and offer conclusive resolution. The main difference between a persuasive and argumentative essay is that persuasive essay focuses more on personal experience and appeal to emotion, whereas argumentative essay mostly sticks to the facts and evidence that supports the essay. Some examples of persuasive writing include.
     Advertisements copy
     Editorials
     Book reviews

Honestly, I am a persuasive and argumentative writer, I found myself in both of those two categories and that’s me right there no doubt about it. I always want to convince my readers or listeners that am making a point. However, I think being persuasive and argumentative writer has been a valuable qualities for a writer like me. It shows that I am very passionate about my beliefs and ideas, and I have a strong desire to communicate them effectively to others. However, it’s also important to state here that I am not always trying to write just to convince others to agree with my points. But I write to also explore different perspectives and at most times, when considering counterarguments and presenting information, I tried to be as clear and compelling to my readers. So, while being persuasive and argumentative has been helpful to me, I usually strive for balance and fairness in what I am communicating or writing.
    By this I am acknowledging and addressing potential opposing views and presenting evidence and reasoning in a way that is respectful and objective, but at the same time focus on presenting the facts accurately and clearly, rather than using emotional appeals or fallacious arguments.
    So in lieu of the above, When I am writing, I usually remember to consider different perspectives, present evidence objectively, and use language that is appropriate and engaging for my audience…………..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top