Shaleen Gilpatric

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shaleen Gilpatric
    Participant

I am a mother of two daughters and also have two granddaughters raised them all as a single mother. I care for my dad who lives with me as well as my oldest granddaughter. I also care for my mother who is going through treatment with Lung Cancer. I truly enjoy people and interacting with them. I am generally a positive happy person with an infectious laugh, so I been told. I also enjoy music and dancing and implement that in my job. And I think I am a regular comedian, with a serious side as well. My goals in life are to continue on after I achieve this goal to become an LPN to move on for my RN. I may move into the teaching aspect of nursing for I enjoy teaching people and feel I would be good at it. I really have enjoyed being an LNA for 25 years would like to pass my knowledge onto new LNA’s. I am also have been a advocate in the past for various reasons. My newest adventure is going to be a petition to the State of New Hampshire to change the patient to aide ratio from 1:16 to a more reasonable ratio. this could possibly entice more people to want a career in Nursing. I look forward to becoming a nurse in this program.

Tyler Lawrence
    Participant

Hello Shaleen! Having worked with you in the past as a fellow LNA I can certainly confirm said infectious laugh! You have a big heart, and it sounds like a true passion in helping others that are unable to help themselves. As someone who has worked in conditions with very heavy resident to staff ratio, I think your petition is an awesome idea! I look forward to watching you fulfill your dream in becoming a nurse and think patients would be lucky to have you!

Kylee Abbott
    Participant

Hi Shaleen,
    First Props to you for caring for so many people at once and still chasing your dreams to become a nurse I could never do that! I agree with you about the staffing ratios, its so crazy how understaffed every nursing home is now. I felt like when i first became an LNA it was never this bad!

Brandon Johnson
    Participant

Hi Shaleen! I think it’s awesome that you put an emphasis on the humor and social interaction aspect of the job. I also try to implant that on every shift, it’s so important to give the residents a positive experience every time we walk into their rooms. I’m sure you’re an amazing LNA and will be an amazing nurse as well!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.