Self Introduction

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rachel Vargo
    Participant

My name is Rachel Vargo and I am incredibly excited for these next eleven months as we take this journey
    to become nurses. I am 20 years old and like to describe myself as thoughtful, creative, and driven. I grew
    up in Saginaw, Michigan and have been a resident of New Hampshire for just under 3 years. As much as I
    enjoy the beautiful scenery here, I would love to eventually live somewhere warmer.
    I have always found joy in caring for others and knew I wanted a career that fulfilled that desire. I
    completed the LNA course through LNA Health Careers in April 2021 and started my job at Elliot Hospital
    a few weeks later. I truly love my job but knew almost immediately I wanted to continue expanding my
    knowledge and abilities. My future academic goals after this program include earning a RN and BSN,
    exploring different nursing specialties, and eventually teaching once I have some years of experience.
    I am a pretty simple person when it comes to my interests. I love animals, traveling, being outside,
    and music. I spend most of my free time with my boyfriend, our two rescue dogs, and cat. I have a 10-year-old chiweenie (yes, it’s a breed), a 9-month-old boxer/pitbull mix, and a 5-year-old tuxedo cat. If I
    could make one unrealistic wish come true, every rescue/stray would have a home and loving family.
    I would call my writing experience average for my age and schooling. I am confident in my ability to
    complete the writing tasks for this course and in my nursing career, but I don’t ever write for fun or
    consider my writing skills exceptional.
    I am eager to learn about everyone and begin an awesome year together!

Taylor Ouellette
    Participant

I can tell that you’re a thoughtful person with a lot of variety in your life. It’s not easy moving to a new place, but I hope you’re making the best of it everyday. Hospitals are a great place to see more of what healthcare has to offer, and I look forward to seeing you grow as a person and a nurse in your career.
    Even though you describe yourself as a person without greater writing skills, I think you’ve described yourself very well!

Beverly Cogburn

Hi Rachel!
    It’s awesome that you want to further your career by trying a little bit fo everything. The more experience you have, the better you will be able to find your passion in nursing.

Busayo Asebioyo
    Participant

Hi Rachel,
    Thanks for sharing, I love to live in a warm environment as well. I have spent most of my life in a non-snow environment, just relocated to New Hampshire few years ago. NH is not too bad, but I prefer a snow free state. Wishing you success as you are aspiring to further your nursing career to the next level. Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.