Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Brygida Weinberg
    Participant

my name is Brygida , my passion has been directed in the nursing field for as long as I can remember, I have dabbled in and out of the medical field for years, but never.. never truly finding my true niech within it, Until very recently. See I have carried my LNA for about 14 yrs now. Coming and going from this line of work throughout the years , couldn’t make up my mind , always in search of that feeling of “if you love your job, you will never work another day in your life” kind a job… Right, I actually thought of it as complete crap to be honest too .. love your job and never work another day in your life . what jerk came up with that one liner ,oh “someone who works at hallmark” probably sitting at a desk coming up with these kitschy little phrases thinking they were the greatest gift to mankind.. what person in their right mind LOVES their job THAT much to feel that way!! (insert eye roll) As I have gotten older though it started to become more evident to me that there was some truth behind this age old phrase.
    Here I am, back in school .. finally figured out what I wanted to be when I grow up , Finally having my own personal validation to this crappy age old hallmark phrase and that there was truth behind it , and now I made it my goal to get my degree to become that nurse that I always wanted to be ,and make a difference for the ageing, the sick, the fragile and the dying . Lets face it , the field is suffering with mediocre at best people , facilities , hospitals , and Dr offices . I want to see it change.
    Covid killed this field , so many people left it for their own health, or their loved ones, or just simply being burnt out from being over worked. I totally understand I have been right there in the fight too, along side them. It sucks to have to make that decision , a lot of them feeling that this was there lives work , they didn’t want to do anything else. I want to even a just a little , bring back the way we used to all care , the way we all genuinely gave it our all and picked up and worked along side our co workers , helping them carry there load too when it got to heavy ..bring back the basics and above all bring back the definition to nursing.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top