Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Charity Kabari
    Participant

Good Morning! My name is Charity Kabari and I’m really excited to be in LPN school. I didn’t take the traditional route after high school and went to college; instead, I got my LNA license and started working. With my healthcare team experience working and also being in the hospital I was always curious and ready to learn anything and do anything to help nurses. I was really grateful for the amount of hands on I was able to have as an aide but I knew nursing was my calling and I needed to expand. LPN is not where I am looking to stop my education my plan and goal is to educate myself with the states laws and become an administrator for a residential assisted living facility so then I can buy a home and build it into a residential assisted living for the elderly. I’m from Nigeria and my last name Kabari means “Bless the old” and my parents always told me Charity starts at home. My dream is to give an opportunity for the elderly to be in a more “homey” type of living without the stress of the care teams attention having to be stretched out between 40 different residents per shift: With the much lesser amount of residents it’s so much easier to make sure that the residents needs are met and we can show more love, having more time to be a conpanion and Charity. I want families to feel like they dropped off their parents to a home, not a prison. Being able to bridge that gap would make the end of life phase in the elderly more comforting and peaceful. That is what I feel is my lifes mission.
    As far as writing it has never been my strong suit. I have struggled in the past with long sentences and punctuation. I really hope that this course challenges me and I’m able to strengthen my weaknesses in writing and use these skills on my journey to becoming a Nurse and an Administrator.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top