Self Introduction

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Samantha Parent
    Participant

Hey everyone! I guess I will start off by saying that I am the youngest child out of 11, my father was a busy man! I have two teenage boys, whom act like they are already grown. I love English but I am not a fan of math, actually I am terrible at it! I have been an LNA for over a decade now, I know that makes me sound old but I am young at heart (and in my head). I absolutely love being able to help others and make a difference in their lives. During the covid pandemic in 2020, I decided to go for my MNA. It was a nice change but I knew I wanted to further my education and to become an RN one day! Honestly, I lost my nephew 19 years ago today and since then I have always wanted to be a Neonatal Nurse. With that said I know that it will take many years of education and training to do so. Therefore this is my next step! Here’s to looking towards the future and good luck to all!!

Natalie Hernandez
    Participant

Pleasure to meet you Samantha!!! Sorry to hear about your nephew, but I’m glad to see that he still inspires you and gives you the courage to go for what you want! Definitely proof that you are still very young at heart, but aren’t we all? I can’t believe how fast a decade goes by when you enjoy what you do for a living. I too went for my MNA during the pandemic, unfortunately, I could not transfer my license from Nebraska to New Hampshire so I haven’t been able to practice in over a year. It always tickles me pink to hear how much others really love their job and how they love to make a difference in others lives. I wish you the best of luck in this class and I hope we can all build each other up and help form that base and foundation we all need to move up and forward.

Kellie-Marie Hicks
    Participant

Very nice to meet you Samantha. It seems we have a few things in common with our goals. I wish you all the luck in achieving the goals you have set for yourself.

Tyler Lawrence
    Participant

very nice to learn a little more about you Sam! I know we have worked together here and there for the last how ever many years haha but never really get a chance to talk about anything aside from work . Man i think having a 5 year old son keeps me busy I can only imagine having two teenagers! I think that is an incredibly good reason to find your drive and fulfill your dreams working on becoming a Neonatal Nurse !

Alexis Carpenter
    Participant

Hello Samantha, I am also the youngest of my family but sometimes you benefit that way lol. I wish you the best of luck of whatever journey you decide to take!

Casey Braley
    Participant

I’m sorry to hear about your nephew. I am the baby of 7, but we were not all raised together. I know the feeling of having two teenage boys, plus two teenage girls. Why do they think they always know more than us? I think we all like to think we are young at heart. It keeps us happy and moving. I look forward to getting to know everyone. Good luck in pursuing you dream of becoming an RN!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.