Self Introduction

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Melissa Griffin
    Participant

Hi everyone!! My name is Melissa, most call me Missy. I tell my residents that Missy is a common name for small dogs with curly hair. I have curly hair, and it’s a way for them to remember me. I have been in LTC for about 20 years, I am still at the same facility I started at as a new LNA. At first I wasn’t sure if I wanted to stay at a nursing home, I thought I would get some experience as an LNA then move on. That completely change after a few months!! I love my old people…they are funny, quick witted, sweet and sassy. I couldn’t see myself any where else.
    I am a wife, mother of three, and Nana to one. I have five dogs…please ask to see my pictures..lol!! At this point in my life, I’m ready to jump and take that next step in the nursing field. I think it will be a crazy journey for us all!!
    I do not have much writing experience. I tend to write as though I am talking to you, or telling a story. I am a horrible speller, so thankful for my phone.
    Anyways… here is to us!!

Sydney Feenstra
    Participant

Hi Missy! Wow it is so crazy that you have stayed at the same facility since you first became an LNA! I get it though at my current facility I love all my residents and could not imagine leaving them! Congratulations on furthering your career!

Blair Huard
    Participant

Nice to meet you Missy! WOW 20 years 😀 you don’t see that often anymore. My aunt just retired from being a LNA for 40 years at Belknap County Nursing Home. I would LOVE to see pictures of your fur babies!

Samantha Parent
    Participant

Hey Missy, I’m sure your ready for a change after working the floor for 20 years! After that amount of time, I’m sure your residents and fellow employees become your family! This will provide you with more opportunities to better your residents care and overall life! Here’s to looking at the future!

Shaleen Gilpatric
    Participant

Hello Missy, So happy to have you in this class with me. It’s like the good lord brought us back together for good reason always. We get to move forward together in this new journey. You are an inspiration to this nursing field with your dedication, hard work, and laughter that helps get us all through our days. Keep being you….

Stacia Correa
    Participant

Missy incase you didn’t already know you are the best mentor Merrimack County could have. They are very lucky to have you. I am a kick *** MNA today because of your knowledge. I can’t wait to finish this journey with you.

Heather Ford
    Participant

Hey Miss! You and I have known eachother a very long time but became closer when i started a MCNH! I am so glad to have you as a friend and a coworker ! You are hard working, trustfull and caring at work but even more as a friend as you have seen so much of my life and became an amazing person i can turn to in my life for anything! I love all you pups although have not met the new one! Lets get together and study soon! Ly~Heather

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.