Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Chapman
    Participant

My name is Michelle I got into healthcare at first because the flexible hours it was not a path I thought I would grow to have a passion for but I quickly did. I started as an activity assistant and decided to get my LNA license at this point I did want to pursue nursing but time and money was not allowing it to happen I obtained my MNA license in 2015 and still had the goal of getting my LPN when my children got a little older and a bit more self sufficient because I wanted to make sure I could succeed. Im currently working at Bedford Falls as an MNA and I love what I do but really would like to learn more and grow. As far as writing experience its been a long time but I did take a creative writing course and wrote many research papers during school but it has been awhile so I will need a refresher for sure. I am really excited for this journey.

Charity Kabari
    Participant

Hi Michelle! I love that you started in activities! The activities lady no matter where I worked knew the residents so well and as an agency worker sometimes activities would help me more that other aides unfortunately. Activities is such an unspoken benefit to residents not only for them to be busy, creative and entertained but because just like LNA’s the activity workers are another set of eyes for us aides and Nurses! It’s also great that you because an MNA because when we get into that section of the program it will be such a breeze for you! Congratulations on getting to this phase in your life and good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top