Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Brianna Ledger
    Participant

When I think about what type of facility, I want to work in I have to look back on my experience this far with the medical industry. I have been a licensed nursing assistant for ten years and I have had the opportunity to work in a wide range of different disciplines. Currently, I work at Portsmouth Regional Hospital, in their Progressive Care Neurological Trauma Unit. I hold the position of Lead LNA on day shift. I think at this point of my career I will probably choose to stay at the hospital for a few reasons. One being is that I love that collaboration that goes on in the hospital through different departments from the lab to radiology and respiratory just to name a few key players. I love the unit that I work on, I am exposed to so many different types of cases. I have stroke patients, neurosurgery patients and motor vehicle accident victims. I feel as though there is a flow to the floor that I enjoy, it gets busy, but I am always in ready mode. There is nothing like working with people who are your family. Who you can rely on, call for help or are willing to take minutes they don’t have available, to take the opportunity to teach you. I have the best role models showing me day in and day out how to be a good nurse.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top