Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kelsie Poulton
    Participant

they gathered together tp discuss what had happened the night prior. they all had expressed what they were feeling about the adminstrator at the hospital and how the administrator did not tale the chance for rescue from the helicopter. to me they seemed like they were stressed and angry about the fact that nobody was actually noticing how hard they had been working and how stressful these situations actually are. I feel that it was a good idea for them to get together and let everyone express how they were feeling and maybe meet in the middle and make everything right again so they could work more efficiently as a team.

I feel that this was not something that needed to be Brought up or even be a thought in someones mind. Dr. Deichmann believed this as well, he spoke with Susan Molderink and told her how he felt about the whole idea of euthanasia people in the hospital. he believed that it shouldn’t have happened at all in the hospital. although yes there are DNRs and they were to be taken from the hospital last, I think that in situations like this you can’t save everyone that’s a given, but they should try everything they can and if they have to then this would be a good plan. although you think about it and it sounds horrible but some of these people are having life sustaining injuries and have a DNR I just think that it was a good plan to have in place, as a last resort method so they did not have to suffer.

I feel that the pts themselves played a very crucial role in the book. the stress in the atmosphere and all the disagreement that went around must of been crazy, for them to decide whether or not they were going to euthanize them or decided if they were gonna take care the pets or the people. when the odor had been smelt in the hallway by Dr. Muldrink she didn’t think it was right for these people to have to smell that and be in conditions like that. she thought it was wrong that pets were being taken care of near the patients who were extremely sick and being cared for. when the boats finally came for the animals, they stopped stressing over it so much because they wouldn’t have to care for them and the people, although for many animals it was already to late because they were already euthanized, soon after the boats came it wa son longer necessary for this plan.

when the people finally were able to leave Memorial by helicopter if let very relieved. I feel that everyone has a right to die in a comfortable way no matter what has happened or what they have done. they should not be made to suffer alone in a dark hospital with craziness happening all around them I know for a fact that is not a way I would like to die.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top