Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Brianna Ledger
    Participant

Why did the hospital decide to turn people in need away? Was race a factor in this decision? Why or why not?
    People were turned away from the hospital because they were already at capacity, no race was not a factor in this decision.
    Was it necessary to euthanize the pets left at the hospital? What alternatives existed given the chaos?
    The pets that were left at the hospital was made in effort to limit their suffering. I don’t believe there was an obvious alternative.
    Dr. Cook’s views in this chapter are sharply contrasted with nurse Kathy Green’s. Is it possible to hold the view that Merle Lagasse is dying of cancer AND that she is somebody’s mother? Why or why not?
    I believe that the perspective would vary given past history of who is at bedside. I don’t believe that doctors prioritize their relationships with patients but would rather focus on the illness while a nurse is focusing on the patient as a whole.
    Mark and Sandra evacuate Vera LeBlanc as many others wait. What factors continue to plague communications during this disaster?
    Factors that affected communications during this disaster was not having access to any electricity.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top