Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Piper Dion
    Participant

I believe that the hospital turned people away for their own safety. But at the same time I find it very hard to believe they wouldn’t try to help in even the smallest way. I don’t think race was the factor that made the hospital make this decision. Because I recall them helping out a women of color in a previous chapter. So I don’t understand why race would come into play now.
    In a scene yes I do believe it was necessary. I believe they were actually doing the right thing. If the pets were just left there they would have suffered. They could have given people the chance to leave with their pets if they were able to. It’s hard to imagine, but I wonder if the people in this much distress would have wanted that on their plate as well.
    I do think it is possible to hold the view that merle lagasse was dying of cancer and is somebody’s mother. I understand what Dr. Cook is facing is very challenging, and can be frustrating at points, but you do need to have compassion for others, even in situations like this. The situation they have all been in should not change the way they feel about others lives.
    People were surprised to see vera lying there after they were told she would be leaving by helicopter. I think the hospital is struggling with the fact that not everyone is on the same page when it comes to decisions being mad. They are struggling to communicate properly and I think that is affecting them greatly. If they were to communicate better I think things would end up going a lot smoother, I also believe that this would help them be less stressed about certain situations.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top