Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Elma Gosto
    Participant

Dr. Pou is recognized as a skilled and compassionate doctor who is committed to her patients. She is additionally recognized as a strong leader who is capable of making quick choices in a crisis. However, her tendency to be overly positive and her lack of experience dealing with emergencies have been noted as weaknesses. She was very dedicated to her patients, even in the face of phenomenal risk. That is the part of Fink’s account of Dr. Pou that most strikes me.

When I read that Memorial could handle Hurricane Katrina and keep running on backup power, I felt both pleased and worried. Even if the hospital was ready for the storm’s first effects, it’s scary to think that doctors and patients have to face more dangers in the future days. It shows the problems and risks that the medical staff and patients will have to deal with for a long time after the storm.

Due to the fall of civil order and the need to keep people safe and secure, martial law is put in place in Memorial’s “survival mode” of chaos. Martial law is a drastic step that the government takes to protect hospitals and people from harm.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top