Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Angela Burke
    Participant

Dr. Evans had New York’s published guidelines which rationed ventilators and gave clear guidelines with SOFA to “triage” patients and asked a group of people not just herself who decided.

After Katrina one thing that was learned is that they evacuated ” Memorial” hospital a lot sooner. what still remained unaddressed was hospitals still remained except from mandatory evacuation and a lot of hospitals still have not prepared for the what ifs. Fink must have been worried that Sandy would have have the same effect as Katrina but must have been so relieved to see that they were organized with triage plans and ready to put plans into play before the majority of the storm hit.

I do agree with Roger’s statement because the public is rarely questioned or informed of true information. We do not get a say in guidelines that is all done with politics.

My education can help make sure i make the right ethical discisions and make sure i am up holding my oath as a nurse no matter how the situation may make me feel.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top