Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ashlyn Westmoreland
    Participant

1.) Those are the two nurses that worked with and like Dr Pou. Those women believed in medication their patients for comfort purposes. They ended up getting arrested and charged for the four murders because they were honest and admitted to administering the doses of morphine that were found in the patients. Karens testimony was conspicuously absent from the grand jury proceedings.
    2.) Death in the untied states is very high. their is a shortage of healthcare workers and supplies causing there to be poor care given. The united states is unprepared because they never seem to stock up correctly. Culture has a lot to do with death. Some cultures outside of the united states see it as a beautiful thing. Other countries find it just as challenging to accept as we do. It all depends who you are and what you believe in.
    3.) I do not believe justice was served. These nurses did not do this with ill intentions. They made these decisions based on what they felt was the best for their patient in the crisis situation. They were short staffed had little to no supply and they didn’t know when it was all going to end. If i was suffering and had no chance of survival I would not want to be left to tough it out. I would want someone to help me go peacefully. That is exactly what those nurses were doing. They didn’t just lethally inject a completely healthy individual in hopes to murder them. There are actually people out there who want to hurt people and get away with it yet these nurses were doing what they thought was best in their specific situation and this is what happens. It is scary to work in the health care field for this reason. Obviously i know your Never allowed to lethally inject patients but im also not in this crisis situation and im looking at this by the nurses point of view not the point of view of a perfect situation.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top