Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ashlyn Westmoreland
    Participant

The five writing styles are narrative, analytical, expository, persuasive and argumentative. My personal favorite writing styles is narrative. I am someone with a big imagination which allows me to easily create an interesting story. I feel like narrative writing is good for all ages as you can modify your story based on the age group you’re writing for. I will admit the argumentative writing style is probably my least favorite as I am not a very confrontational person.

Ashlyn Westmoreland
    Participant

Narrative is the creative form of writing. This form of writing can be tailored to every age and imaginary level. Narrative writing is fictional and telling a story.

Analytical writing is a form of writing you do after gathering information. You read a form of information and break down what you’ve read to discuss your understanding.

Expository writing is a form of writing you do when you are trying to educate people.

Persuasive writing is a form of writing you do when you are trying to convince people to agree with your opinion on a topic. You will give all the information and your opinion on why you have that opinion. When using this writing form you will be very descriptive in order to help the reader understand your point of view and convince them your opinion is correct.

Lastly, argumentative writing is the form of writing you would use when you disagree. It is okay so not always agree with people so you would use this writing to explain why you disagree and hopefully come to a resolution or understanding. You would argue a topic to help prove right from wrong.

Brygida Weinberg
    Participant

Hi Ashlyn I enjoy doing narrative writing as well . I find it more enjoyable and I think allows for more creativity and more substance to any story. Agreed, argumentative is my least fav as well , why would anyone want to argue a stance ,just to prove you are right! we have enough drama day to day that we all have to live through . Ha!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top