Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Elma Gosto
    Participant

Sheri Fink conducted over 500 interviews to explain to us what really happened at Memorial. It was really time-consuming to do that. Those people had to go through that pain again talking about that. Some of them probably lost their families too. I think while she was writing she was able to feel the same pain that those people did. I like the prologues that she wrote at the beginning of the book. She gave us a hint of what is going to happen so we are curious reading a book. She was talking about the situation before the hurricane and when it started. People didn’t know what to do. Dr.Pou had a big dilemma about what to do. He couldn’t save all the patients, but I think she made the wrong decision by killing them.
    They started evacuating the critically ill patients first, which was okay, but all the other people deserved to live too. Those people suffered a lot already. I think she made a very bad decision. She could do it differently.

Erin Johnson
    Participant

this so sad. im sure its hard for anyone to have to deal with a situation like this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top