Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ariana Toth
    Participant

1. I think that she had many issues when it came to finding all her resources. Trying to find over 500 resources could not have been easy, especially if they didn’t line up initially. She probably had her own opinions on each thing on how she would have done it if she were there. Though she wasn’t and had to stay unbiased. Which could not have been easy.
    2. It raised questions about hurricane Katrina in the notion that I didn’t think it was that bad. Then again, I wasn’t there and have never been put in that type of situation. I am wondering why they were as prepared as they could’ve been. Why had they not done drills for this type of situation? I understand they had other drills, but it had nothing to do with a hurricane. They are in hurricane territory. I think she was put in that predicament to save supplies for those who got worse later. They had her make the judgment call on who she thought would get better and who wouldn’t. I wouldn’t have been able to do that. I am a firm believer that I am not God and I don’t get to decide who lives or dies. Especially when it comes down to just about how many recourses we have left. I think it should be the patients choice.
    3. The highest ranking doctors who had been there the longest were told to stay because they knew the most and could administer drugs based to kill and not get caught knowing which ones to mix together. The “old knowledge”. The customs comepletely switched for the doctors because they were used to taking care of the sickest ones first, but were told to push them to the side until the ones thaat had a chance were taken care of first.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top