Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kelsie Poulton
    Participant

1. Dr. Pou was a very strong individual not just physically but mentally. being able to put up with everything that was goin got around her could not have been easy. Through everything that was going on with the hurricane she never gave up on her patients and was always there for them. I found that throughout the book that Dr.Pou was not the nicest person to the people above her. why? I don’t know it could have been for many reasons, maybe the stress of everything going on around her or the fact that she was respected by so many other coworkers she just thinks she’s better then them.
    2. I feel as though they could have been more prepared but I also feel scared fro them and the other people dealing with it. I don know what I would do if I had to go through something like this. while reading this part I sat there wondering about everyone’s safety and if there are other people out there that are hurt and needing help and just haven’t been found, or the health care or police putting their lives on line for the people who need the help or are hurt.
    3. The Martial law was put in place to keep looters from breaking into abandoned places and stealing anything that they could and to keep the city safer throughout everything that was happening at the time. The cops got the right to shoot any looter that they saw on scene.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top