Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Olabisi Adekoya
    Participant

1.It was quite difficult for Sheri Fink to interview over 500 people. It’s always difficult to pick up new skills from others. Opinions varied from person to person. The hardest task is to avoid passing judgement, identify the appropriate persons, and evaluate hurricane-related occurrences correctly.
    In these circumstances, there was a substantial communication gap and delay.
    I value her a lot since she’s always looking for new information to incorporate into the narrative. on the effects of Hurricane Katrina and the readiness of hospitals for these kinds of emergencies. I learned a lot from this experience and gained expertise.

2. They are not ready for emergency protocols, according to the story. The decision to euthanize the critically ill patients was mostly based on assumption because Dr. Pou was not given specific instructions regarding what must be done.

3. The euthanasia of critical DNR patients was occurring. Suffocated a patient who had been given an injection but remained steadfastly alive. Allegations of patient euthanasia at Life Care were also made. With doses of morphine or other painkillers, patients passed away while awaiting hospital discharge.
    Regarding Hurricane Katrina’s impact on the absence of essential services in particular, I have learned a lot. The cost of resolving the issue and the dependence on medical services are significant.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top