Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Treyvon Cauley
    Participant

The 5 writing styles are Narrative, Analytical, Expository, Persuasive, and finally Argumentative essays. Narrative essays could be about anything from non-fiction to fiction as long as you have the main components such as characters, plot, settings, conflict and resolution. Analytical essays uses evidence throughout the essay to give facts on a point of view on why the point of view is the point of view. Expository essays are used to explain, describe, give information or to inform the reader with organized evidence and examples. Persuasive essays usually are written to persuade or convince the reader on why your opinion is correct. Argumentative essays makes you feel like you’re a detective because you have to investigate, collect information, generate and evaluate a topic and determine where you stand on it. My favorite style of writing would probably have to be either analytical, persuasive or argumentative essays in view of the fact that the evidence and facts does all the work of convincing the reader of where you stand and where they should stand or where you think they should stand. For me these type of essays uses more facts rather than emotions.

Mikayla Anglade
    Participant

I agree with you about the evidence and facts doing all of the work convincing which is why argumentative and persuasive are my favorite forms of writing as well.

Erin Johnson
    Participant

This a new for me. I’m not a writer. Maybe after this class I will be able to see what kind of writer I am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top