Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Olivia Arpin
    Participant

1. The people had to turn people away due to their staffing, loads of patients, and supply issues. On top of these factors they were also making an attempt to evacuate. I do not believe that race was a factor of this decision because the hospital had a system of colors that were placed on patients based on the level of care that they needed.
    2. The decision made to euthanize the pets left at the hospital was very hard to make. I believe it was necessary because they didn’t know when and if there would be time to go back before it was too late. The euthanization of the pets helped limit their suffering. I believe this was the best medically advised decision for the pets and other alternatives would have the pets suffer before their death.
    3. The difference between Dr. Cook and nurse Kathy Green is the way they view the patients. The nurses spend more one on one time with them versus the doctor who will see them for a short period of time. The nurses get to know the patients on a more personal level than the doctors. I believe that nurse Kathy Green saw Merle as somebody’s mother because she is very empathetic and the patient has shared her life with the nurse more than the doctor. I believe that the doctors see the patients as more of tasks where the nurses see them as humans with feelings rather than a task that has to get done.
    4. While Mark and Sandra evacuate Vera LeBlanc there are a few factors that plague communications. First off, many cables and lines were damaged due to the storm disasters including flooding and strong winds. Secondly, we are dealing with multiple power outages. Lastly, there was a lot of network jamming due to everyone trying to get online at the same time.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top