Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kelsie Poulton
    Participant

I believe that most people were turned away as a safety mechanism. instead of taking these people in and treating them they turned them away if they were able to wait a couple days in a way to provide them more safety. although I feel like they shoudlve helped them just a little bit because I find it hard to believe that they wouldn’t do something for them. I also don’t believe that race had anything to do with it, I feel this because they helped a black women in previous chapter so I feel as though it wouldn’t be a problem now.

I believe it was necessary to euthanize the pets at the hospital but at the same time I don’t. I think it was the better choice to do so because if the pets were just left there at the hospital they would’ve suffered and been abandoned. yes, I think they could’ve given the chance to people to leave with the animals if they were capable of it and not having a life threatening injury. I feel like people who are having this much stress or chaos would have wanted to add on to it with the life of a pet. although I do also believe that the animals shouldn’t have been euthanized at the hospital if they were okay and not injured. they should’ve gone to a different part of the hospital to stay or out of the hurricane zone. so they could also have a life, instead they just decided to do the easiest solution. even though they did this and have my own opinion on it I do understand why they did what they did.

personally I do think it was possible to hold the view of Merle Lagasse dying of cancer is someones mother, I understand that Dr. Cook is facing very hard challenges especially in situations like this. but I feel that the situation that they are in should not change the way people feel about other lives.

everyone was surprised to see Vera lying on the ground when she was supposed to have left by helicopter. I feel as if the hospital is struggling with people not being on the same page ad other people are. this is why the decisions being made have different outcomes. the staff are all struggling with many things like communication. if they were to actually communicate with each other and agree on something, then they wouldn’t be having as many errors. I feel it would help them stress wise.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top