Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ashlyn Westmoreland
    Participant

1.) I believe Dr evens learned a lot especially making life or death decision when it came to a crisis on top of appropriate ventilator produce when dealing with a power outage. Memorial had no idea what they were doing when faced with all the obsticles and that made the crisis worse than it actually was. with a set plan of action they would have still faced problems but how than handled it would have been better. The question remains how much preparation will actually help? Would we be able to perform properly in these situations? what decisions would we make?
    2.) Post hurricane katrina there were changes such as back up energy being made available, emergency supplies being stocked just in case of an emergency and all over better preparation. The question is… is it enough? Is it the proper amount of preparedness. Based on all this I dont think the AMA has set guidelines they need to make sure hospitals are following correct protocol. All hospitals should be able to be a safe place when something like this happens.
    3.)Maryland stands out at the state that seems to have set the proper plan as to what they would do and their priorities when it comes to dealing with something like this. They believe in saving the people with the best chance of survival due to their prognosis or stage of illness. care during katrina was leaning that way at one point and people were not agreeing with it. what fink means by that is when in a situation there is a choice by science obviously you help out the most sick person as they need you the most but that can change due to different circumstances like a crisis. If they person isn’t going to survive you might have to prioritize the healthier one in order to save at least one person.
    4.) This story impacted my view positively on the AMA.. I feel like they are a good advocate for medical professionals as well as set proper guidelines. however, I do not agree with the justice system when it comes to medical professionals. I dont think it should be so cut and dry what is considered illegal and who is charged for what. I understand some people are doing this stuff on purpose but I think they need top strongly consider the situation and all the facts before they sentence someone. I feel like people who are purposely trying to murder someone and doing wrong are more careful and have a plan so they are harder to prove but for the nurses in this story they didn’t mean harm. not only did they admit to it but they didnt try and hide it. Someone who did something on purpose with negative intent would not act like that and be so honest. as well as the whole world knew the level of the crisis this wasnt just a typical day at work for them. More time, effort and consideration needs to be put in when it comes to the justice system.
    5.) I guess I can say I agree with roger.. I had to google this to get a better understanding and it is saying it creates an environment the respects human right and freedom. I agree with this because I dont think we life in that type of environment.. I dont think we will ever be considered free but we have more freedom than others.
    6.) Our education can help prepare us by teaching us the right and wrong way to do things. As well as our education will help our critical thinking methods and we will be able to come up with the best possible solution in a crisis situation. Of course none of us will know what we would do exactly when faced with a crisis but with the right knowledge we will be able to make a better decision than if we knew nothing and were guessing. I feel like this book offers the wisdom of history and also makes us aware of situations I hope we are never in but what is possible.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top