Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Lydia Jordan
    Participant

1. Having to make difficult decisions in life and death situations with little resources and equipment, having to think under pressure and have it be on you and your license since there is very little resources people and materials wise.

2. After the hurricane once things had settled down a little they started getting all the materials and resources that should have been set up and pre planned before to be better equip for natural disasters.

3.By the quote she meant during times like that there has to be priorities set, even when it comes to peoples lives considering the fact of materials and people, sometimes in hard situations you have to chose between people and this case it was who lived or didnt due to the extent of their injuries and how they were able to treat them, and pain levels added a huge factor as well.

4.I have mixed emotions, as I don’t think anyone should get punished or stripped of their licenses in times of crisis, the resources, materials, and overall outcome of this situation need to be considered before a court case opens and lawsuits start flying out the window. While it was a difficult decision overall as many of lives were lost, sometimes the morally right decision is overlooked to try and serve justice in times of defeat

5. I agree with him because more consideration needed to be put into this event prior, and after due to the court of law and making decisions when it came to the nurses and doctors on trial

6.it will teach me fight or flight instinct. I will either feel a little more prepared knowing that it is okay to fail and we aren’t going to save everyone, but the fact that as long as we stay true to ourselves and what we believe that things will be okay, even with jail time on the line and a chance of losing our license I believe we just have to stick together as medical professionals and do our best, because no matter what people are going to die and lives are going to be changed, so as long as we stay true and work as hard as we can I think our jobs have been done in a sense

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top