Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Olabisi Adekoya
    Participant

The writing’s aim, tone, mood, and writers’ ideologies all influence its style.
    1. Explanatory
    This kind of writing mostly serves to explain. The author emphasizes telling or explaining a specific topic or issue in expository writing.
    2. Argumentative or persuasive
    The primary goal of this kind of writing is persuasion. It reflects the author’s viewpoints, biases, and views. The author employs justifications, arguments, and reasons to persuade the reader to agree with his or her viewpoint.
    3. Descriptive
    Describe is the primary goal of this kind of writing. It is primarily concerned with describing a person, a setting, an occasion, an item, or an action. Expository and descriptive writing are very slightly different from one another. A more detailed, individualized, and subjective writing style is the descriptive one.
    4. Narrative
    This kind of writing’s primary goal is to narrate or tell a tale. The author invents many characters and narrates what happens to them. The author writes in the first person. The majority of narrative writing is subjective, imaginative, and self-expressive.
    5. Analytical writing
    Writing analytically involves evaluation and criticism. It aims to go beyond simply presenting facts or details to the reader in a descriptive manner and instead assesses and explores their relevance. To put it another way, analytical writing explains the “why,” “how,” and “so what,” interpreting the importance and meaning of the “who,” “what,” and “where.”

I write narratively, which is ideal for fiction and other types of creative writing. It tells a story with characters, a plot, and conversation, and it gives me the chance to continue learning from opportunities and problems in life.

Michelle Chapman
    Participant

I also like narrative writing its more interesting to me instead of just research and applying it to the paper especially if its a topic I am not interested in

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top