Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

1.Fink conducted over 500 interviews with people is really challenging.Learning new things from each people is always challenging.Different people had different opinions.Toughest challenge is not being judgmental and finding right personnel and right interpretation of events that happened during the hurricane.
    Working in these situation there was considerable gap and delay in communication.
    I personally appreciate fink because she keep finding out new facts and trying to fit them into the story .About Hurricane Katrina it’s impact and how prepared should the hospitals be in these kind of emergencies.This was informative and served has a knowledge gaining experience for me.
    2.They are not prepared for emergency protocols.There was no clear information given to Dr.Pou what has to be done.The decision to euthanize the critically ill patients was based on assumption to the most part.
    3.Critical DNR patients were being euthanized.Suffocated a patient who remained resolutely alive despite being injected.Patients were also being allegedly euthanized at life care.Patients had died while waiting for evacuation from the hospital with doses of morphine or other pain medication.
    I have learned a lot about Hurricane Katrina particularly when it comes to the lack of basic utilities.It’s a very expensive problem to fix and depend heavily on health care.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top