Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Treyvon Cauley
    Participant

1.Dr. Evans learned crucial lessons in crisis decision-making, especially regarding ventilator use during power outages. Memorial’s lack of preparation worsened the crisis. Having clear guidelines from experts beforehand is key to avoiding chaotic decision-making in emergencies.
    2.After Hurricane Katrina, healthcare systems improved disaster planning and coordination to better respond to emergencies.
    3.Maryland’s disaster planning strengths include effective coordination and community involvement, while potential weaknesses may arise. Sheri Fink’s statement highlights that decisions like triage are often shaped more by values than strict scientific criteria.
    4.The AMA lacks guidelines for medical associates in handling situations, I feel they have to investigate more thoroughly and put themselves in the shoes of the associates. I mean those were tough decisions for a very tough time.
    5.I agree with Mr. Roger Bernier because I feel like the people don’t have a say so anymore. The government does what the government wants to do and us the citizens can’t say or do anything about it.
    6.Education helps us know right from wrong and think in crises. This book teaches fair distribution of medical supplies and emphasizes clear decisions in disasters.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top