Writing Styles

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dailyn Hatch
    Participant

I don’t normally write unless I have to. But a lot of the times that I do end up writing I’ve come to realize that I actually enjoy it more than I thought. If I had to choose which writing style to use personally, I would say narrative writing. I think it’s easiest to get the basics and core message across to the reader. I feel similarly about expository writing because it’s all about facts and keeping emotion and opinion out of it. On the other hand, I like to read persuasive writing because of how passionate the author usually is about something. I like to see if someone could change my opinion on a topic, this rarely happens but when it does it definitely makes me appreciate the power of writing.

Heather Ford
    Participant

I definately agree that once you’ve learned to love something like a style of writing that it is very hard to change your mind. I believe it takes a really amazing story or topic. I have never found anything other that narrative enjoyable. I love a good story , it can be based on a real life experience or another world with werewolves and witches.

Katilee Benton
    Participant

I totally agree with you on not writing unless I have to. I would also agree withe type of writer I am and it being narrative because it is the down and dirty of writing. I would also agree with you about expository writing.

Natalie Hernandez
    Participant

i love reading narratives, but a good persuasive or expository material is a nice change of pace sometimes too. i like to read the articles in some magazines every now and then, or, even though i’m not really a big fan of today’s news media, if there’s a good story in the paper, ill read that too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.