Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Melissa White
    Participant

Five types of writing styles

#1) Persuasive Writing. Here the writer is trying to get you to believe what he/her believes.

#2) Expository Writing. Here the writer is explaining things to the audience

#3) Narrative Writing. Here the writer is telling a story with their own opinion.

#4) Descriptive Writing. Here the writer is using his ability to describe a person, place or thing so well that you may even close your eyes and be able to as well.

In my opinion I think I’m more of a Narrative writer. I find I can write more of what I’ve been through. My own experiences.

Ashlyn Westmoreland
    Participant

Hi Melissa, I agree it’s easier to write about personal experiences. When you have gone through it yourself it makes adding all the details and information come naturally. Writing about things you haven’t been through can be a challenge as you may not be able to personally relate to it. It’s nice to see other people also favor narrative writing. I like the story telling/fairy tale aspect of narrative writing. I mentioned in my post I have a big imagination so that’s why I favor narrative writing.

Brygida Weinberg
    Participant

Hello Melissa,
    I to love narrative writing , it allows more freedom to just say what you think and feel. You can make it as relatable to your own experiences but with a twist.

Erin Johnson
    Participant

I like the break down, this is helpful. thank you

Piper Dion
    Participant

Hi Melissa, my names Piper. I agree that narrative writing is definitely a little easier, I also enjoy the amount of details that are easy to add. I also enjoy research papers, especially if it is something that interests me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top