writing styles

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Samantha Hurd
    Participant

5 writing styles.
    Narrative writing- characters with problems. essays include personal essays, fairy tales, short stories, plays autobiographies, and history story.
    Analytical writing – demonstrates the thought process to arrive at the conclusion. (point of view writing)
    Expository writing – explains, describes, gives information or to inform.
    Persuasive writing – to convince the reader that the writer’s opinion is correct.
    Argumentative writing – investigates a topic, collects information, generate, and evaluates evidence to establish a position.

I personally I’m not a good writer. My brain speaks faster than my hands and mouth so formulating ideas and opinions, so it makes sense to writers is challenging for me. i feel expository or narrative writing would be best for me.

Samantha Parent
    Participant

I am the same way so I totally understand. I find myself writing something just to erase it and rewrite it, sometimes the same exact sentence or I will rephrase it. Either way it takes me a very long time just to try to write an essay, I couldn’t imagine writing a story. When I am typing on the laptop, the words in my head are flowing much faster then my fingers are able to move so by the time I am done it looks like gibberish or whole new language. Could you imagine that? We can just call it the Samantha language, maybe even become rich one day! Right, who am I Kidding? I’ll just get used to making first, second or even third drafts! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.