Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

The conflict between prioritizing the well-being of pets and that of people became palpable when Mulderick detected an even more offensive odor in the second-floor lobby. Despite the shattered windows, the stench of feces was overpowering. Mulderick believed that no one should endure such conditions, especially vulnerable patients. Her frustration peaked when Dr. Fournier expressed concern about her ailing cat, which had stopped eating and drinking. It irked Mulderick to witness attention being given to pets just around the corner from where the sickest patients were located, without sufficient focus on improving human care. Some staff members were indeed concerned about the patients and advocated for considering their needs, viewing it as a means to alleviate the patients’ suffering and make them more comfortable. The decision to euthanize pets, which seemed senseless earlier, became apparent as unnecessary when boats were eventually available for evacuating pets. Unfortunately, for many, this revelation came too late.
    The departure of the last batch of patients from the memorial, especially Rodney Scott, who successfully boarded the helicopter alive, brought me a sense of relief and excitement.
    They gathered to discuss the situation and figure out the best course of action.
    The decision regarding euthanasia feels complex to me. Ethically, it’s challenging to argue whether it’s right or wrong. For me, a significant factor is prioritizing comfort and allowing individuals to pass away peacefully and without unnecessary suffering.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top