The five styles of writing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tyler Lawrence
    Participant

Like others have said on here writing doesn’t exactly come naturally to me. It has been quite some time since I have had to write an essay on anything, but I look forward to hopefully getting better at it! The five different styles of writing are Narrative, Analytical, Expository, Persuasive, and Argumentative. It’s almost funny how we are likely are exposed to all or almost all 5 different styles of writing every day. I would say just turning on the news in the morning we experience persuasive, analytical, and most definitely argumentative writing in one form or another. It could be a journalist speaking about inflation and giving examples of how much it has gone up in the recent years (narrative & analytical writing). It could be election time, and someone is speaking about how one side keeps making campaign promises and not keeping them (persuasive writing). It could also be a debate between two or more candidates each trying to prove why they are the better choice (argumentative& expository). It’s hard to say which I would enjoy the most being so rusty but if I had to choose it would likely be ether argumentative “lord knows I am stubborn” but feel like I would enjoy a persuasive essay as well “kind of goes back to me being stubborn but trying to sell you the reason why I feel so strongly on the topic matter lol”.

Kellie-Marie Hicks
    Participant

I understand what you mean although I do enjoy writing, I just dont enjoy all the types of writing, I like to write and read what captures my mind, I have had to grow up fast when I was younger so my head tends to stay in the realms of fantasy and other strange aspects of stories.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.