Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Melissa White
    Participant

Hello, I’m Melissa. I first came to LNA health careers in 2007 and received my LNAS license. I’ve done it all, home care, hospice. I’ve worked in hospitals, long-term care and rehab facilities. Right now I work at a rehab facility and I love it so much. What I don’t love about my job is the feeling that some people don’t care as much as I do. I often feel my voice and the voice of the residents are unheard. I bond with all the residents and I do my best to advocate for them. As a nurse I feel like I can finally be in a role to not only talk about change but actually do something about it. I want to lead by example. I want the place I work at to be more than just a job for all employees.

Ashlyn Westmoreland
    Participant

Hi Melissa, I can also relate to not feeling like others care as much as me. I work at a nursing but on the dementia unit and take pride in what I do and the care I give. Sometimes I see myself working with people who aren’t used to dementia like I am but I am looking forward to becoming a great nurse and advocating for my residents. I love seeing other LNA’s compassionate like I consider myself!

Kyra Osier
    Participant

Hi Melissa, I also went through LNA Health Careers but in 2018.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top