Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Olabisi Adekoya
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    My name is Olabisi Adekoya. I have 4 beautiful kids; Two boys and Two girls.I currently work in a long term care facility as a Licensed Nursing Assistant.I migrated to the United States from the western part of Nigeria.I speak two languages Yoruba ( my primary language)and English. I loved to help others in their most vulnerable and unexpected situations, due to the challenges I had seen in the health care sector in my home country while growing up.I wanted to be a nurse so that I can help people.It was a kind gesture in memory of my late grandmother who died as a result of poor healthcare system. To me ,nursing is a great career and I envied anyone who is a nurse. Nurses are compassionate, perseverance and understanding.All these traits I had and so my drive grew much more.
    There is so limitation to education,I know getting my LPN will not be my final goal but a stepping stone to where I want to be in future. Nursing is a ladder and the farther you climb that the more you learn.

wow that a amazing Olabisi, thank you for sharing that with us. Being in school with 4 kids must be a challenge!

Melissa White
    Participant

From the sound of this compassionate writing it sounds like you’ll make a great nurse.

Elma Gosto
    Participant

Hello,

My name is Elma Gosto. I moved to the United States in 2009. Three months after that I got pregnant and got my two beautiful kids. They are 13 and 9 years old. I needed a job in the beginning, so I started working in manufacturing. I worked for my previous company for 10 years. It was very challenging for me to do that because I didn’t speak English very well. I was always hoping that I would be a nurse one day. The reason why I started thinking about that is when my father had an accident, that night the nurse who was with him saved his life. She gave him not only physical support but emotional too. Since that day I have wanted to be a nurse and help people who need help. I feel very special when I know that I helped somebody and made that person’s life just one day a little bit easier. I will need help on this journey and I hope that I will get it. Best luck to everybody.

sapana das
    Participant

My name is Sapana. As I was reading your introduction, it made me feel like it was my story, I’m from a different country too, came to America when I was a 10yr. I’m very happy and blessed that people like us are making chance in people lives. Keep it up ola.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top