Self Introduction

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Natalie Hernandez
    Participant

For as long as I can remember, I have always known I wanted to be in the medical field. As a kid, as well as an adult, I’ve been obsessed with crime shows or anything with a medical background. Except for General Hospital and Gray’s Anatomy, I just couldn’t get into them. For the longest time I had always hoped to one day see my name on an office door: Natalie Hernandez M.D., and who’s to say it won’t happen one day?

It’s been exactly 13 years since I became an LNA, and honestly, I have loved and enjoyed every beautiful minute of it!! I have gained so much in every setting I have worked in; Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Facilities, Hospitals, Rehabilitation Hospitals, Live-in and Home Care. Most of them were within the last 10 to 11 years. For the last 2 years, however, I had the privilege to do some traveling CNA work and got to go to some amazing places, including the Nursing Home I’m in now. I liked it so much I went full time, lol. But as time goes by, and as much as I really really REALLY love what I do as an Aide, the time has come for me to take a small step forward into a new level in my profession.

I never really liked the idea of becoming a Nurse, but it seems that in order for me to reach some of the goals I once had, like becoming a PA, or DON, or being part of the ANA (and insist everyone should start as an Aide two years before they can even get into a Nursing Program). Alas, I think for now I just want to aim for getting a LNA teaching position at the Nursing Home I work. I think helping others find that same passion I have for being an aid will be more than enough for me…….at least for a while!

Shalyn Reed
    Participant

Hi Natalie! You have some great goals and you got this! You seem to really head strong which will get you through it!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.