Reflection

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Nicole Stuhlmiller
    Participant

After reflecting on the first half of this book I would choose the option ” Better disaster planning for the staff”
    The biggest downfall in all of this was the lack of communication and strong leadership.
    I propose that hospital administration and essential staff be trained by FEMA for future disasters. The areas to be covered:
    Who are the main point people? Those that have been in contact with rescue services, the corporate headquarters etc.
    Who reports to those people?
    If evac is necessary? who is contracted to do so? When will this happen? at the threat of disaster or after? What is plan B and C if Plan A fails?
    Security? What does this look like? National guard? How fast?
    Food? How many days?
    Water? Is there a filtration system?
    Medication? Is there enough to care for the sickest patients and those that may be having an emergency?
    Back up electricity? How can it be bypassed? Portable generators? Could that be stored on a flat area above food areas, that could feel the ICU or anyone that is in need of electricity?
    What is the Backup B, C, and D plan if Plan A fails?
    How do they rotate people to avoid exhaustion?
    Portable fans? Battery run? Supply of battery.
    Sewage removal?
    Charting
    Triage systems:
    Routes to removal: 2 or more
    How to save people and not kill them***
    There is so much that could have been done better. Honestly, this makes no sense to me why this wasn’t done ( it was offered) as this is such a high incident area.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.