Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Carine Mbilia
    Participant

1. Cheri Landy and Lori Budo I think they were both was faring well.They were in a same situation unemployed which wasn’t easy for them.Landry was the primary caregiver for her ill mother and had lost her home to Katrina. Budo supported her family’s , as the main provider .Although, they found it challenging being unemployed both professionally when they couldn’t practice clinically, neither of them had a career at a university to fall back on.But also,With assistance from their coworkers, the middle-class nurses were able to pay their monthly expenses. The book state:The nurses were middle class, with mortgages rent, and car loans to pay but with the help of their colleagues from Memorial ICU, they organized a committee to deliver food and perform “other acts of kindness” for them.
    The nurse manager, Karen Wynn, was equally concerned about her two arrested nurses but her testimony was conspicuously missing from the grand jury hearing while she awaited her call to testify, but unlike the others, she wasn’t called.

2. According to Cathy Green, She didn’t want a drawn-out conclusion for herself,In such situation, she instructed her daughter, “You just take me to Holland.” She had repeatedly witnessed it while working in the ICU. People frequently did not want to discuss death with the terminally ill or be present with a relative when it occurred.
    I think In American culture, talking about death in casual discussions is frequently taboo and avoided. People are hesitant to talk openly about dying, which can make them less ready if it happens. Most people have a propensity to avoid discussing death because they perceive it to be uncomfortable, rather than accepting it as a normal aspect of life.The way people see death, however, varies considerably between cultures and nations.
    Is publicly acknowledged and embraced as a
    natural part of life in various cultures. More people talk about death, which can be considered as a method to mentally and practically get ready for its impending reality. These cultures frequently contain customs and rituals that offer comfort and directions to people and families struggling with loss.Africa as a example.In my opinion talking about death in America is frequently avoided. As a result, people are unprepared when it happens. Other cultures, in contrast, publicly accept death and help people prepare emotionally and practically through discourses and rituals.

3.If a person feels that the decision was reasonable ,they may claim that justice was served. Those who believe the decision to be prejudiced or insufficient in addressing the harm caused or the accountability of those involved may disagree.
    In my opinion I have two answers two this questions.It’s yes and no.Why no?Because,thinking about family members of patients who lost their love one, justice wasn’t done because anybody including myself would like to see your family member’s killer rotting in jail forever.Regardless of the intention, making patient comfortable buy killing them it’s a crime.
    And on the other hand I will say yes Justice has been done on the point where that when they were perhaps and overwhelmed, they made wrong decision thinking it was the best.The grand jury considered no crime has done.This can happen to anybody in certain situation to make a wrong decision.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top