Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carine Mbilia
    Participant

There is 5 types of writing styles: NARRATIVE,ANALYTICAL, EXPOSITORY, PERSUATIVE, ARGUMENTATIVE.

NARRATIVE: Is a writing that the author tell story, can be fiction or nonfiction. Novels, poems, autobiographies are
    example of narrative writing.

ANALYTICAL: The writer show the thought processes he went through to arrive at a given conclusion and discusses the implications of this. Example a movie.

EXPOSITORY: The writer expose facts, explains and educate its readers, rather than trying to influence them.
    Process essay, Cookbooks, magazines, problem solution essay,…are a example of expository writing.

PERSUATIVE: The writer use words to convince, influence the readers that his idea or opinion is correct.
    Example: adverts and newspapers.

ARGUMENTATIVE: Its a writing that requires the Author to investigate a topic, collect, generate and evaluate evidence then establish a position on the topic. example: Argumentative essay.

Kasey Robinson
    Participant

I think you explained the 5 types of writng very thoroughly, easy to read and for me reading it was very easy to understand. You gave examples behind what you thought, and I like that when reading something and trying to understand what the person is writing.

Brandon Johnson
    Participant

i also believe you explained it extremally thoroughly and honesty reading this gives me a better understanding of the five writing styles.

Michelle Chapman
    Participant

You did a great job of breaking down each individual writing style. very well thought out and organized great job!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top