Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    McHailey Grant
    Participant

1. What strikes me the most about Pou is her appearance compared to the work she does. Shes just a little, beautiful lady who’s so smart and practices surgeries for so many hours at a time. She is dedicated to her life’s work and she truly has a passion for taking care of her patients. I feel like she might come off as aggressive and in the book, it also mentioned she was seen as “controlling”. Even when she was wrong, she continuously fought for what she wanted, and this made people feel doubtful about her and her skills. But they also questioned it because of her appearance.
    2. It was very heart wrenching how everybody thought it was over and the doctors continued to stay at the hospital taking in another patient after they thought they made it through Katrina. The kitchen started feeding people and people had started picking up debris from the storm just to hear they had to stay in the hospital because a lake would empty out in the city and bring up to 15 feet of water. This was a huge plot twist and disturbing for me.
    3. Marshall law was initiated because of the looters. People were rampaging and stealing and breaking into businesses. This called for marshall law which gave officers the okay to shoot anybody that tried rampaging into the hospital. This was for the peoples safety inside the hospital.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top