Discussion

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Demetri Burnett
    Participant

-Evans would eventually how to decide what residents would be more at the need of ventilators, and which patients would it be more of a priority. I would ask, why are the ventilators limited? Why aren’t their backup ventilators?
    -I Believe that if plans were set in a better manner for natural disasters, things could have turned out much differently, even before the storm they would have started to get things in place. They could have started to get the sickest patients out of the red zone before the disaster.
    – Fink concurs, maintaining that decisions in life are based on morals rather than values very often, especially in a life-or-death crisis, which is typically partially decided in emergency department settings.
    -The AMA places a different emphasis in terms of money. I simply believe that the appropriate choice wasn’t made for those lives lost.
    -I agree that democracy may be very useful for decision-making and reaching an agreement in some circumstances, but I think he was more concerned with the unfairness of it all.
    -When it comes to such emergency crisis situations, education is crucial because it teaches people how to handle them, how to be prepared, and how to think critically. Being on the outside looking in, I believe the book provides a general idea of what to do and what not to do in a circumstance like this.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.